sedikit review ttg motor india (bajaj & TVS)dari mr paye

Mau review kendaraan yang ada? Silakan post disini...

Moderators: akbarfit, Ryan Steele, sh00t, r12qiSonH4ji, avantgardebronze

azizdth
New Member of Mechanic Engineer

sedikit review ttg motor india (bajaj & TVS)dari mr paye

Post by azizdth »

Hi Aziz...

Its ok..  Ur English is just fine.. 
I understand that unlike India, English in Indonesia is not the Official Language

About the Two Wheeler Industry in India:

In India Motorcycles out sell every other 2 wheelers.
There is a small percentage of people who buy scooters... but Motorcycles sell in a large percentage..

In Indonesia I believe "Step Thru" models sell more than motorcycles right??
In India, there are no step thru models....  a few models existed a few years back but due to low demand they stopped its production...

So you can say that India is a land of Motorcycles in case of two wheelers..

Do you know that after China, India is the second largest 2 wheeler market in the world..?
And in the third place is Indonesia..???

I did not know that TVS motor has already started to sell its motorcycles in Indonesia...  I saw a few pics of the 150 c.c TVS Apache in Serayamotor...  

Actually I read in newpaper that both TVS motor and Bajaj are keen to set up manufacturing plants in Indonesia...
In that case you will get to see bikes from Bajaj again soon in Indonesia...

In India motorcycles start from 100 c.c to maximum 500 c.c

100 c.c is the most popular segment with almost 75% of total motorcycles sales
the 150 c.c has recently seen more rapid growth than the 100 c.c .... So we can say that Indians are migrating to more powerful motorcycles slowly...

In the 100 c.c segment "Hero Honda"  is the market leader folloowed by Bajaj

But in the 150 c.c segment, Bajaj with its "Pulsar" model rules the sales....  the Pulsar costitues almost 60% of sales in the 150 c.c segment...  next is the TVS Apache ( the model which you have seen in Indonesia)..  it has around 20 % sales after that a 150 c.c model from Honda called "Unicorn" and a 150 c.c model from "Hero Honda" shares the market...

So you see, in the 150 c.c segment, Bajaj is the King in India with its Pulsar...

"Hero Honda" and "Honda" are two different companies in India. The first one is a joint venture between the "Hero Group" and "Honda" and the other is independently owned by "Honda"

Do you know that the largest selling (Single model) motorcycle in the world is "Hero Honda" "Splendor" a 100 c.c motorcycle..!!
You will find all these info on my blog...

Ok a few questions from my side:

Is TVS selling motorcycles in Indonesia?
Has TVS set up a plant in Indonesia?
Roughly what percentage of people ride motorcycles in Indonesia? (Because I thought in Indonesia people just ride Step thru)
Tell me a little about the two wheeler industry in Indonesia

With Regards
Satadal Payeng

On 11/8/06, Jamaludin Aziz <[email protected]> wrote:

i think we are not the same in first feature, coz i graduated from senior school in 1996, so i'm not a student anymore.
now I'm working in lippo group as a graphic designer and create an advertising needs for the group.

I know bajaj pulsar since 2000 i guess, when many chinese motorcycle brand entering indonesian market and dominated the bike market share with "cheap" image for about a year. this enthusiasm seduce the other player to take a part in this industry, like bajaj from india, hyosung & daelim from korea, and any others...i know bajaj specifically when my friend told me that he wants to buy pulsar after he saw the brochure. it's looks like a big bike and the model remind me with honda tiger (hero honda CBZ in india perhaps).

but the hesitancies of those new brand affect the market and slowly but sure, they were disappear one by one, include bajaj...they were beaten by japanese brands...

today, when our economic improved, there is a new player who wants to take a part in bike industry like TVS. this is stimulating the older brand to rise up like bajaj...

Our interesting in india's bike start when serayamotor make a petition to TVS, invited to have a testride the TVS apache and the bike has a good respon in milis...

brother p4nd4 from serayamotor wants to release the 2nd petition about other brand, bajaj. but many members didn't know that bike, so the discussion about bajaj begin...

mostly milis members didn't like the model...too many unnecessary attributes in the bike. they wanted to know if pulsar was modified, so I tried to make their wish come true...I combined the pulsar with other bike parts like fork, swing arm, wheels, tail, fairing and more...

for your info, bajaj are familiar in indonesia before. same with india, bajaj is a public transportation here (tuktuk in thailand)...
that's why i know bajaj...:)

oh ya, i have a milis friend from singapore who had recomend me about pulsar...

but I want to know further about bajaj bike from you especially pulsar, how about the performance, endurance, durability, etc...maybe you know better than us in indonesia...

thanks
aziz...

sorry, my english is "amburadul" (mudlle)...
cuman meneruskan pembahasan ttg bajaj pulsar....
azizdth

Post by azizdth »

kebetulan mr payeng kemaren mengunjungi SM sbg visitor di thread modifikasi pulsar dedicated to p4nd4
Miyabifans
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Miyabifans »

bro...
what the meaning of amburadul?
heueheueheuhe
ahardo
Full Member of Senior Mechanic
Full Member of Senior Mechanic

Post by ahardo »

bah honda emang gila ya, dah menguasai pangsa pasar dunia sepertinya
Turbo Hayabusa

konsat
Full Member of Junior Mechanic

Post by konsat »

In Indonesia I believe "Step Thru" models sell more than motorcycles right??

maksudnya step thru models tuh apaan sih...??
crayon

Post by crayon »

Step thru=lanjutan dari model - model terdahulu dengan mengorbankan dan meniadakan kenderaan baru dan tercanggih :lol: