Bayliss OK as Ducati confirm second position in constructors

Berita atau peristiwa yang berhubungan dengan dunia otomotif, silakan bahas disini...

Moderators: akbarfit, Ryan Steele, sh00t, r12qiSonH4ji, avantgardebronze

Forum rules
Please include all reference link used on the topic.
y_anjasrana
New Member of Mechanic Master
New Member of Mechanic Master

Bayliss OK as Ducati confirm second position in constructors

Post by y_anjasrana »

After the horrible-looking crash suffered by Troy Bayliss early on in the MotoGP race yesterday at Phillip Island, thankfully the former World Superbike Champ was taken to hospital and cleared with only a mild concussion.

The 34 year suffered no broken bones in the spill and was conscious as he was taken to medical facilities in Melbourne.

The concern for the Australian naturally took the edge off celebrations for Loris Capirossi’s second place finish (the 8th trophy in total for the team this year with one race remaining) which also confirmed that the Italians have sealed second spot in the constructors Championship in their debut MotoGP term.

The Ducati Corse squad finished the 15th of 16 races this year with 209 points, trailing Honda by 161 but clear of Yamaha by 45 despite running only two bikes and brand new prototypes (compared to Yamaha’s five rider entry and Kawasaki’s often three, sometimes four man effort). They are also the only other manufacturer apart from Honda to have tasted GP victory this season when Capirossi climbed on top of the podium in Catalunya.

“I think this is a great achievement in our first MotoGP campaign,” said Team director Livio Suppo. “I’d like to offer my thanks to everyone involved for their incredible work over the past couple of years: Loris, Troy, the team, the factory and our technical partners including Shell Advance and Michelin. Now we go to Valencia in positive mood, hoping for a great end to the season.” Capirossi scored his fifth podium of the year after starting from second on the grid and just failing to get within a ten second distance of Valentino Rossi; the World Champion was docked by a time penalty after passing while yellow flags were waved from Bayliss’ fall.

“I didn’t really know what was going on with Rossi’s time penalty,” Capirossi said. “This was the first time that I’ve been in this situation, so I was a bit confused by my pit board. The numbers were correct but it was just difficult to understand because this was the first time such a thing had happened. We also need to think about the yellow flag situation – when you’re riding at 300kmh with ten other riders it’s very difficult to see a yellow flag by the side of the track, and even if you do see the flag it’s difficult to brake right there."

“The early laps were very difficult because everyone was being very aggressive, so I couldn’t find my rhythm. Then when I overtook Melandri for second and Rossi was maybe six seconds ahead on the road, so I knew I couldn’t beat him. But second is very good for the team and I, especially after the last three races that weren’t so great for us. The bike worked really well here all weekend, only one Honda was faster than us, so we’re very happy. When I finished the race the first thing I wanted to know was Troy’s condition. I’m very happy he’s pretty much okay.”

Taken from http://www.motogp.com
Accurate V5 Accounting System Consultant