Lebih jauh ttg mesin iDSI Honda Jazz

Segala mobil tipe sedan (Baleno, Accord, Corrola, dll).

Moderators: Ryan Steele, sh00t, r12qiSonH4ji, avantgardebronze, akbarfit

jeifung
Full Member of Junior Mechanic
Full Member of Junior Mechanic

Lebih jauh ttg mesin iDSI Honda Jazz

Post by jeifung »

Sekedar sharing yg pengin tahu lebih detail ttg teknology.

http://asia.vtec.net/Series/FitJazz/lseries/

The key configuration for the L-series i-DSI engine is that it is a small, thin profile, inline-4, 8-valve, SOHC design with two spark-plugs per cylinder. Because of the SOHC and especially the 8-valve (2-valves per cylinder) design, the original L-series, L13A and L15A i-DSIs were subjected to a lot of prejudice and ridicule. This stems mainly from the fact that modern day engines have since become multi-valve designs with the higher spec'ed ones being DOHC. So the view is that for an I-4 engine, 16V-DOHC with EFi is the indicator of an advanced engine and therefore 8V-SOHC is considered 'old' technology. This of course is totally wrong and here in this article, I hope to explain that the Lseries is actually a very advanced engine design. Honda has very good reasons for adopting the particular technologies and configurations used in its design.

Many points in this article are extracted from a special media-only video presentation of the new i-DSI L-series engine. Here Honda explained that the design objective of their new 'L-series' gasoline engines is that of achieving complete combustion, i.e. a combustion efficiency of 100%. This 100% efficiency is explained as 'complete burning of the air-fuel mixture without wasting a drop (of fuel) and converting all the energy of the combustion into kinetic energy'. A 100% efficient combustion is of course seldom if ever achieveable in real life. In order to improve combustion efficiency, Honda seeks to optimize the combustion process itself. The ideal combustion process is instanteneous combustion where the efficiency of the conversion of combustion energy to kinetic energy is complete. To approach instantaneous combustion Honda implements a dual approach : a 'remarkably intensive combustion' and 'combustion control adjusted to engine speed (rpm)'. In the L-series, these are delivered by its compact combustion chamber and the new i-DSI system.
....... ......